18 June, 2012

Original Thoughts - Perhaps Not, But Fun Anyway

There are too many of us to have many original thoughts. However, if the thoughts are original to myself, arrived at via being spit out the other end of a long logic flow, with numerous variables, where my conclusions amount to somewhat inspirational, "intuitive" realizations, this pleases me. Even if they are not original, in the cosmos, they are original to me, and I grin at having formed them.

Plus, gut-level intuition serves my natural lazy tendencies much better than research results, but I digress.

It's really a matter of follow-through.  How many people thought of internal combustion before someone actually pursued creating an engine?  The reason no one asks this is because it doesn't matter; what matters are the people who took the ideas forward.

No comments: