26 July, 2013

Why did I switch from RoboForm to LastPass?

Some of you asked me why I switched from RoboForm to LastPass, over a year ago. It is due to its (LastPass') support of duel authentication via Google Authenticator. In English, this means I use the Google Authenticator app, on my phone, to generate a key that I have to enter, along with my password, to access my secure online password vault. This means that my account cannot be hacked unless someone knows or can hack my password AND they have access to my phone, all simultaneously.

It was simple to switch from RoboForm, as I was able to export my existing passwords and safe notes. They have import options for several other password vaults too.


For more information on Google Authenticator app, see http://goo.gl/sbBxn . It also supports Google logins (of course) as well as Dropbox logins.

No comments: